Training in our Patisserie encapsulates you in an environment where the pastries, cakes, viennoiserie, and breads are created from raw ingredients in the same location they are being sold in. This creates a learning experience separate from the rest. Your days will be spent honing a specific skill set that will travel with you throughout your career.
We have a wide variety of positions requiring different skill sets. Although we encourage people of all levels to apply, there are a few key character traits that we look for in our prospective employees:
· Respect for others
· Attention to detail
· Strong communication skills
· Willingness to learn
If you’d like to join our team please fill out the appropriate form below and we’ll reach out to you as soon as a possible!
Prequalifying skills not necessary but are valued.
Morning and afternoon shifts available.
Weekends and holidays are a must.
Retail Associate Application
Cake Decorator Apprentice
Our ideal novice is eager to spend their days perfecting their skills in piped florals, balloons, writing, and plastic chocolate.
However, the most important traits that we’re looking for are in the personality of the individual. We’re in search of someone who is excited to learn and energized by the repetitive nature of perfecting one’s skills. Someone who cares deeply for their craft and equally as much for the people around them.
Early Morning and weekend hours a must.
5 days a week.
Health Insurance optional
- Pipe a rosette
- Ice a standard height cake (approx. 2.5” tall)
- Pipe printed writing
- Piped shell border
- elegantly pipe cursive writing
- pipe elegant roses, daisies, iris’, daffodils, and other florals
- Pipe variety of borders including ruffle, flat, beaded, and reverse shell
- Plastic chocolate work including multi colored bands and roses
- Drop chocolate decoration
- Decorate novelty cookies with royal icing
- cover cake with fondant
- Flat fondant designs
Cake Decorator Apprentice Application
Bread & Viennoiserie Baker’s Assistant
Prequalifying skills not required.
- Laminated Doughs, responsibilities include scaling/mixing/shaping/proofing/baking/cooling/glazing
- Yeasted Doughs, responsibilities include scaling/mixing/shaping/proofing/scoring/baking/cooling
Bread Baker Assistant Application
Pastry Chef de Partie
Some pre qualifying skills required. 3am-11am/5 days a week including Saturdays.
- pipe an elegant rosette
- crumb coat a birthday cake in approx. 45 seconds or less
- mixing variety of cakes including viennoise and joconde,
- cooking/mixing traditional fillings like ganache, curds, creme, and mousse
- Building traditional french pastries like the Opera, Cream Puff Swans, and Petit Fours in large volumes and regular rotations to give you a comprehensive learning experience