Step 1: Reserve the Date
- Once you have determined your date, you can reserve your spot without having any other details finalized by placing a $100 nonrefundable deposit that will be applied to the cost of your wedding cake. This deposit will also secure your design quote. Quotes are otherwise only valid for 14 days and availability is only guaranteed for the duration of the conversation.
- If you are unsure of your final choice for wedding cake vendor, we encourage you to try our samples first, and then reserve the date once you’re confident you’ve chosen us!
Step 2: Order Cake Samples
- Samples can typically be ordered out of our showcase daily through the ChowNow link at the top right hand corner of our website, or with 48 hours notice by following the link below.
- Order Mousse Cake Sample here
Step 3: Cake Design
- You can browse our Wedding Cake Gallery to gather inspiration.
- You may mix and match both shaved and ribboned tiers together.
- Email us any desired colors you may want so we can determine if we can accurately color match.
- Our tinted chocolate ribbons and roses start off as white chocolate which hold an ivory hue making bright colors less likely.
- Tinted colors hold an additional $5 per color fee.
- Our average cake designs cost between $7.50 – $8.50/serving.
Step 4: Review and Finalize
- Review and sign off on all details pertaining to flavors, pickup/ delivery date, and design before placing your final payment.
- We ask that all wedding cakes be finalized a minimum of 14 days in advance. However, if you need a last-minute cake, we still may be able to take your order depending on availability. All orders taken with less than 14 days’ notice may not be changed, canceled, or refunded.
How far in advance do I need to order my cake?
To place an order for a wedding cake, we need at least 14 days’ notice. However, we suggest placing your order 1-2 months in advance to ensure availability. Some weekends/days tend to book fast, so placing your order early is in your best interest. We recommend calling us first to see if your wedding date is available.
Do you deliver wedding cakes?
Yes, we do deliver wedding cakes. The minimum cake order must be at least $300.00 in order to qualify for delivery. Wedding cake delivery charges are based on distance. However, our delivery range is limited to certain areas, so please call to see if your venue is within our delivery area, and that your preferred time range is available.
Standard wedding cake delivery is during our regular store hours. Any delivery needed after certain store hours will have an additional charge of $50.00.
What does a cake consultation include and do you need to make an appointment?
Cake consultations have recently evolved from an in person meeting to a virtual one. Due to safety regulations and the need to track changes, we request that details be communicated via email, although we are happy to discuss details over the phone as well. If you need an exact color match, we ask that you provide us with a physical swatch, not a digital version. Please note, all colors are customizable to an extent.
If you feel more comfortable discussing your vision in person, we ask that you schedule a time to meet with a design specialist. We’re available Monday-Friday from 10am-3pm and Saturday between 11am-2pm, based on availability.
Do you provide wedding cake samples?
Mousse cake samples can be ordered via our website with 48 hours’ notice, or out of our showcase daily.
How much is a wedding cake going to cost?
Our average wedding cakes serve 28+ people and costs $200+. This translates, and may be referred to, as $7.50+/serving
What do you suggest when working with a tight budget?
Order a smaller show cake for pictures with an additional sheet cake to be served at the same time. This brings down the average cost per serving from $7.50 per serving for tiered cakes to $3.50 – $4.50 per serving for sheet cakes.
When do I have to pay for the wedding cake?
After placing a $100.00 non-refundable deposit, the remaining balance is due at least 14 days prior to your event. Please note that your order date, time, and quote are not confirmed until receiving the $100.00 deposit.
This deposit will secure only 1 date and 1 set of quotes. Any date changes or design alterations may change price and will be subject to availability.
How do we store the wedding cake?
Mousse cakes are delicate, so they must be kept refrigerated until 1-2 hours before serving, and may only be displayed in a well air conditioned room. This type of cake should not be displayed in a warm room or for a long period of time. We do not recommend this type of wedding cake to be on display during the hot summer months, since the mousse filling will lose its quality if kept in a warm space.
What if I want fresh flowers on my cake?
Unfortunately, we will not be the ones to place the fresh flowers on your cake, as your florist will be the one responsible for decorating your cake with fresh flowers. Once you have finalized the size and design of your cake, you’ll share this information with your florist, so they can plan accordingly. However, we do offer chocolate roses which may be tinted to an extent in custom colors.