We’re so honored you are considering Pastries by Randolph as a wedding cake vendor for your big day!
We are excited to offer our full selection of buttercream and mousse cake designs which can be customized with an array of flavors and variety of sizes.
Please review the steps and FAQs below to help guide you through a smooth process.
Step 1: Reserve the Date
- Once you have determined your date, you can reserve your spot without having any other details finalized by placing a $100 nonrefundable deposit that will be applied to the cost of your wedding cake. This deposit will also secure your design quote. Quotes are otherwise only valid for 14 days and availability is only guaranteed for the duration of the conversation.
- If you are unsure of your final choice for wedding cake vendor, we encourage you to try our samples first, and then reserve the date once you’re confident you’ve chosen us!
Step 2: Order Cake Samples
- Buttercream cake samples are 100% customizable and may be ordered with 48 hours’ notice through our website.
Order Buttercream cake samples here
- Mousse cake samples can typically be ordered out of our showcase daily through the ChowNow link at the top right hand corner of our website, or with 48 hours notice by following the link below.
Order Mousse Cake Samples here
Step 3: Cake Design
- You can browse our Tiered Mousse Cake Gallery and Wedding Cake Gallery to gather inspiration. Or, email us inspiration designs you’ve seen elsewhere.
- Include any desired colors you may want so we can determine if we can accurately color match. Keep in mind, exact color matches require physical swatches to be provided. Although we try our best to color match as closely as possible to your requested colors, we can not guarantee an exact match.
- Our average cake designs cost between $6.50 – $12.00/serving.
Step 4: Review and Finalize
- Review and sign off on all details pertaining to flavors, pickup/ delivery date, and design before placing your final payment.
- We ask that all wedding cakes be finalized a minimum of 14 days in advance. However, if you need a last-minute cake, we still may be able to take your order depending on availability. All orders taken with less than 14 days’ notice may not be changed, canceled, or refunded.
How far in advance do I need to order my cake?
To place an order for a wedding cake, we need at least 14 days’ notice. However, we suggest placing your order 1-2 months in advance to ensure availability. Some weekends/days tend to book fast, so placing your order early is in your best interest. We recommend calling us first to see if your wedding date is available.
Do you deliver wedding cakes?
Yes, we do deliver wedding cakes. The minimum cake order must be at least $300.00 in order to qualify for delivery. Wedding cake delivery charges are based on distance. However, our delivery range is limited to certain areas, so please call to see if your venue is within our delivery area, and that your preferred time range is available.
Standard wedding cake delivery is during our regular store hours. Any delivery needed after certain store hours will have an additional charge of $50.00.
What does a cake consultation include and do you need to make an appointment?
Cake consultations have recently evolved from an in person meeting to a more efficient email exchange. Due to safety regulations and the need to track changes, we request that details and inspiration pictures be communicated via email, although we are happy to discuss details over the phone as well. If you need an exact color match, we ask that you provide us with a physical swatch, not a digital version. Please note, all colors are customizable to an extent. Although we try our best to color match as closely as possible, we can not guarantee an exact color match.
If you feel more comfortable discussing your vision in person, we ask that you schedule a time to meet with a design specialist.
Please note, our busiest hours in store are not ideal for consultations due to the limited staff and seating. To ensure we can give you our utmost attention, please discuss the initial steps via email so we may organize the appropriate information and then schedule a time to sit down with your designated cake specialist at a convenient time for both you and our staff.
How much is a wedding cake going to cost?
Our average wedding cakes serve 38+ people and starts on average at $250+. This translates, and may be referred to, as $6.50+/serving
What do you suggest when working with a tight budget?
Order a smaller show cake for pictures with an additional sheet cake to be served at the same time. This brings down the average cost per serving from $6.50 per serving for tiered cakes to $3.50 – $4.50 per serving for sheet cakes.
When do I have to pay for the wedding cake?
After placing a $100.00 non-refundable deposit, the remaining balance is due at least 14 days prior to your event. Please note that your order date, time, and quote are not confirmed until receiving the $100.00 deposit.
This deposit will secure only 1 date and 1 set of quotes. Any date changes or design alterations may change price and will be subject to availability.
How do we store the wedding cake?
Mousse cakes are delicate, so they must be kept refrigerated until 1-2 hours before serving, and may only be displayed in a well air conditioned room. This type of cake should not be displayed in a warm room or for a long period of time. We do not recommend this type of wedding cake to be on display during the hot summer months, since the mousse filling will lose its quality if kept in a warm space.
Buttercream cakes are more versatile and can be displayed for upto 6-8 hours in a well air conditioned room. One should store the cake in a refrigerator until it is meant to be on display and should refrigerate it overnight.
What if I want fresh flowers on my cake?
Unfortunately, we will not be the ones to place the fresh flowers on your cake, as your florist will be the one responsible for decorating your cake with fresh flowers. Once you have finalized the size and design of your cake, you’ll share this information with your florist, so they can plan accordingly. However, we do offer chocolate roses which may be tinted to an extent in custom colors.